Sunday, January 18, 2015

#netflixmeplease Feminist Inspired Shows/Movies All 20-somethings Should Binge Watch



       Hey loves, I haven't updated the site in a while due to work but no mo excuses i'm back. I feel like I'm the last person in the world to create a Netflix account. I live in Chicago so the temps here have been freezing causing me to retreat to my bed, snacks and TV (single life ayyy lol). I recently have been catching up on a lot of cool shows I heard about but never watched. I have comprised a list of the coolest feminist inspired shows and movies on Netflix , so if you're bored or happen to live within the polar vortex you may wanna stuff your bowl and add these to your queue.


1. Being Mary Jane- This show comes on BET network and stars one of my favorite actresses, Gabrielle Union. This show is a kick ass show for all women and it shows the real dynamic of                 what African American business women go through in the world of dating. Catch up on the first season on netflix then watch season 2 when it premieres in a few short weeks. 


2. Mean Girls- Arguably the best movie of the 00's decade. This movie speaks to every millennial girl. I know everyone has seen this movie a gagillion bazillion times but this movie is so good that every time watching it feels like the first. Even though the movie has a superficial facade, it is undeniably about female unity and empowerment. In the end Nobody likes a mean girl just a real girl ! Sn: plus who doesn't love Tina Fey 








3.  Girl Most Likely- I am a big fan of Kristin Wiig. This movie is incredibly hilarious especially if your going threw the man-hating stage of life. Cheers to new love ! 




4. 10 Rules For Sleeping Around- The movie is exactly what the title describes. A new age look on relationships and sex. A couple has an open relationship but gives each other ten rules to follow when hooking up with other people.
















 
5.  New Girl- This is a show i'm just getting into because I love Zooey Deschanel. The show is about a young woman who recently broke u with her bf then moves in with three single guys who help her through her pain. If this show doesn't scream feminism, what gives ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment